A different trip for Sandra and me. We had the pleasure of traveling with Bonnie and Rich who are "working folk" but had the benefit of a 2 week "spring-break" at a time convenient for us. We shared the cost of a car rental - a must have - for getting around. Belize is a travel friendly country with lots to see and do. And so we did.
Our Hosts at Howler Monkey Resort (l to r) Jusef, Mel, Ed, and Josef
Feb. 14 - Feb. 22 - Howler Monkey Resort is our home base for day trips in the vicinity.
- Howler Monkey Interpretive Site
- First Mayan ruin - Altun Ha
- Cave tubing / Zip line / Belize Zoo
- Water taxi to Caye Caulker and snorkeling trip
- Leisurely canoe trip on the Belize River
- Second Mayan ruin - Lamanai
- BACAB - B & R go horseback riding, we nature walk, lunch by the pond...
- Farewell to Howler Monkey - drive to San Ignacio and Vanilla Hills Resort
Feb. 22 - Feb 27 Vanilla Hills Lodge is our new home base.
- Butterfly farm
- Third Mayan Ruin - Tikal
- ATM Cave experience
- Along the Hummingbird Highway
- Belize Botanical Gardens
- To Belize Airport - B & R head for home, we fly to Ambergris Caye.
Feb 27 - Mar. 3 Cocotal Inn and Cabanas is our home base while on Ambergris Caye.
- Walk the area, laze by the pool, relax...