March 8 to 28, 2016 - a trip to the Caribbean for a cruise (the Good life) and a stay on Tobago (the wild life).
This site is laid out in roughly chronological order but feel free to explore the pages in any order you wish. We arrived in Aruba several days ahead of beginning our time on the MV Star Legend (below, right), rented a car and had a self-guided tour of the island. The Cruise itinerary is also below. I have grouped the better fish photos on a page called "Fishies."
We disembarked in Bridgetown, Barbados and flew to Trinidad and then to Tobago. The rain forests provide a rich environment for a wide variety of birds. The highlight was a (long) day trip to Trinidad with an excellent guide to a couple of bird sanctuaries and I have included those photos on the Trinidad-Birds page.
The dates match the numbers on the map (left).
1. Aruba - embarkation
2. Bonaire - drift snorkeling
3. Curacao - off-road tour of the island
4. Day at sea
5. Grenada - Walk about & hired tour
6. Tobago - more snorkeling and deck BBQ
7. Mayreau - The Grenadines- Private beach picnic
8. Barbados - Disembarkation